30.4.10

Cracker

  I always loved the song “Euro-Trash Girl” by Cracker.  Not sure why, but I always wanted to be someone’s Euro-Trash girl, but new that would never happen, because, well, I’m American, not European.  So now, I guess I’m my husband’s something-trash girl!  LOL!!!

  Maybe it’s because I have always wanted to travel and see the world, especially Europe, and here I am in the far eastern corners of the continent!  Going to Italy at the end of June to see said spouse, as he is there working in La Spezia, which is about 30 minutes from Pisa, yes, as in the leaning tower of.  Here are a few snapshots of him at the tower, which I hope to get to go see while there.  He has a friend who lives in Venice, and if time and money permit, we may hop a train for a weekend visit to Venice, take a Gondola ride under the Bridge of Sighs at sunset – ever see the movie with teenage Diane Lane, and very old Lawrence Oliver called “A Little Romance”?  If so, you know what I am referring to!

So here are a few pics, and maybe by the time I die, I actually will be a Euro-Trash girl, ahem, lady, even though I have no idea what the term Euro-Trash actually means.  It doesn’t sound very nice, but for some reason or other, I wanna be one!  Silly Americans!

The Leaning tower of Pisa:

IMG_4039_resize IMG_4041_resize

IMG_4044_resize IMG_4047_resize

La Spezia:

_MG_4030_resize

_MG_4038_resize

_MG_4036

IMG_4014_resize

IMG_4020_resize

2 comments:

LTM said...

not sure re: ETG, but LOVE the shot of Marius holding up the tower. He's doing good work.

I'm v. jealous of your trip--it sounds like it'll be amazing~

Ex-pat Odessa said...

Oh, I'm sure it will be spectacular, seeing as by the time I get there, it will have been 3 months since I've seen Marius.
On a side note, Marius is like Johnny Cash, he's always wearing black in photos, it's freaky! I just noticed it!