22.9.10

It don't mean a thang....

....if it ain't got that swang....

And that's what it is folks.  Getting back into the swing of things after a much needed visit from my parents, who incidentally flew my hubby in from Italy for one weekend while they were here.

It was nice to have my some-what "whole" family together, even if it was only for a weekend.  Would be better if my brother, his new wife, my cousin Leigh, and her gang, her mom and dad (my aunt & uncle) coulda been here too, but maybe in a few years, after I win the lottery....

....yeah, right - I don't even gamble. 

It worked out well though, cause Marius was home for the kids first day of school.  My youngest 2 started Kindergarten this year, well Kindergarten and Pre-K, respectively. 

But my parents had to leave at the end of last week, so me and the kids have been trying to find our balance in the absence of our much missed "guests"!

While trying to get into the swing of getting not one but 3 kids up and ready for school this year is a bit of a challenge, I'm also trying to get back into the swing of my new paying gig - doing research and writing, which will eventually morph into me editing, and managing clients and other free lance writers.  YEA!!!

But in the mean time, here are a few pics from my mini family reunion:

Family on first day of school                                                                                                                                 
Grand-Parents & kids on 1st day of school


At the Park
Maw-Maw & Pops with the girls
Me & Marius with the kids
Out for Pizza, Isabel didn't get her way - hence the tears
Maw-Maw made it better
Pops helped too!
Kelly Jean with her hearts
My 2 men
Paul is ALL about his parental units!
Kelly at the Bus Station
Dad & Darlene @ Bus station
On the Faleza with the family
With Marius
Dad & Darlene, getting ready to take a walk
Sleeping Giant
Angel Face

The Love of my life, Marius (this man gives so much for us)
A rare photo - I can never catch him smiling or laughing! (GO ME!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing you life. I enjoy it so much..the pictures are great. So glad that Darlene and Kelly get to come there to visit. I'm sure they will be glad when you move back to the good ole usa..Love ya..Ms. Terri.

Ex-pat Odessa said...

You're welcome Mrs. Terri! Not sure if we will move back to the U.S., we gotta wait and see on that one.

LTM said...

these pix are so great! The babies are so beautiful--and look at you! You all look amazing~ lots of love xoxo <3

Gorges Smythe said...

I enjoyed the pictures. You are very blessed to have family that is so close to you emotionally, if NOT geographically.