14.5.10

Earth God?

  Okay so I just heard the most ridiculous thing on L.A. Ink, yes, I like watching people get tatooed, not sure why, but I do, guilty pleasure #153.

  Anyway, so this one woman got a tatoo of the earth, with the recycling symbol wrapping around it.  She said, and I quote:  “The earth is my god.”.  Okay, I can deal with that, people have been worshipping the earth, sun, moon, stars, etc. since, well Forever.

  Well she is also a vegan, and she said “We have all the pigs and cows, and other animals on these farms, and they release all this methane, then it rains, and the methane drains into the ground and our water”…  O.K.!?!

  So my thing is this – so what there have been animals roaming this planet since the dawn of time pretty much. The animal population is DRASTICALLY smaller than what it was even 150 years ago.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for taking care of our land and waters, etc., finding alternate energy sources, and all, but I think some people take thing a little too far!

No comments: