3.11.09

Blogging

  While I love the fact that I can spew out whatever is rattling around in my head for me to read later, or for anyone who wants to to read, I have to wonder, are all of "bloggers" just psuedo-journalists?  Are we all trying to fulfill some "His Girl Friday" fantasy that we had at some point in the distant past?

  For myself, yes that is a bit true.  Writing has always been a passion of mine, even if I am only a mediocre talent.  I wanted to be a journalist, in the manner of Rosalind Russel from aforementioned film.  I wanted to chase down the stories - the truth, and then put out three in black and white for all eternity, for everyone to see.  However I got stupid and didn't go to college, so now those dreams are gone, vapors!!  So here I am "scribbling" dribble in a vain attempt to soothe my regret!

  If I humor, inspire, or give some other warm, fuzzy, beautiful feeling - I'm happy!  Hopefully I won't anger anyone, but if I do, please know it's not intentional.

3 comments:

me ;) said...

Hi! I just landed here by clicking on that "next blog" button at the top of the blogs!

I like the warm feel of your blog and I just wanted to say here that maybe you are limiting the way in which your dream can play out. Maybe you're just fine-tuning your understanding of what kind of writing you want to do and in what venue...maybe it's something very original and you can't really conceive of it but you can allow it to evolve!
Maybe regrets are just a response to our limited perspective! Hey, after all, you're doing this blog thing!

Anyway, I like you're lighthearted, sincere approach. Take care!

Melissa said...

haha! idk! i used to want to be a novelist! so maybe that's true? I just like to write & i've ALWAYS journaled. I have about a bazillion real handwritten in ones under my bed- & then the internet...SIGH...:)

jennifer renee said...

writers must attract writers. that was my dream... to be one... but now, i'm a mom. :P