22.11.09

Stealing Sundays

For Some reason I can't link up tot he Stealing Sunday's blog-hop thingy.  Oh well, got this from Laura at her Life Happens Blog.  Looked fun, so here goes:

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
  Elizabeth Taylor - well, at least the 7 failed marriages isn't shared as well!


2. Where was your first kiss?
     On the playground in 2nd grade - Joshua Solieu snuck up from behind me and kissed me on my cheek, and then ran off.  It would be YEARS before I had my first "real" kiss


3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why?
   yes, I was a tom-boy, fought the school bully in 5th grade for talkin' smack about my dad.  Hey my mom was M.I.A., so i was more partial to dad.

4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When?
   When I was 6, 7 or 8 in children's church.  When I realized my voice cracked and that I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket I gave up my fantasy of becoming the next Sandi Patti.


5. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex?
    I don't notice them anymore, but the first thing I notice about anyone is their eyes.  Do they look you in the eyes when speaking with you.
6. What really turns you off?
   Self-Importance or low self-esteem.  Ooooh, and body odor.


7. What is your biggest mistake?
    Let's not go there shall we, there are way too many, and besides they have shaped who I have become.

8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
    Yes, 3 times, it's called pregnancy and childbirth!


9. Say something totally random about yourself.
     I have 11 toenails.  Technically 11 toes, but they are grown together with 2 toenails on the one 2 toe.


10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
     Sissy Spacek, I CONSTANTLY got told I looked like her...Uggg...  And, back in the day when my hair was major long, and I had blonde highlights, I was always told I looked like Claudia Schiffer - we both have those high cheek bones and bugs bunny type front teeth.  If I let my hair grow and cut and style it a certain way, I still get told that.


11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows?
     I mentioned intentionally hurting myself 3 times, what do you think is on our tv 99% of the time.


12. Are you comfortable with your height?
      Yeah, not like I can do anything about it now is there?


13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?
      A "jar-head" I went out with a few times, took me on a moonlit picnic in a park with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.


14. When do you know it's love?
      When God says so.  And when you totally trust that person with everything that is in you, that you know they don't care about what you don't do perfect, when you can see how much they love you in their eyes.


15. What's something that really annoys you?
       "Men of God" that flout the Word.  Televangelists, especially:  Graham, Osteen, what's hisname, the Indian guy that is always wearing those obnoxious white suits????  arrrrggg, what is his name, Ah...Benny Hinn.    Basically anyone that is the "shepherd" of a "flock" and twists the Word to fit their beliefs.  Who STEAL money from their congregations - yes I said Steal.  We should be like the church in Acts Ch.2, living Holy and Righteous lives!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I had to laugh when you said you intentionally hurt yourself by giving birth! I guess we could look at it that way. :)

Melissa said...

you crack me up!

"oooohhh & body odor" HAHA

& i had a crush on a Joshua Soileau in the 8th grade! HAHA wonder if it's the same guy?!

Ex-pat Odessa said...

no, not the same Josh Soileau. You know me and "my" Josh S. never broke up!! Dang, that is one heck of a relationship!!! LOL!!