5.11.09

Okay to trash Christ, but not Allah....

  So I opened my I.E. which goes to my homepage: Yahoo.  I see a headline "Landmark spared in disaster flick".  I click the link and see this:  "The Christ the Redeemer statue and Vatican are destroyed in "2012," but not the Kaaba".  So I open the link to read the whole story.  *click on the blog title to go to the Yahoo site and read said story*

  Director Roland Emmerich said he wanted to destory the Kaaba in the move but didn't, because his "...co-writer said 'I won't have a faqua on my head for a movie', and he was right".  CRAZY DIRECTOR MAN SAY WHAT?!?!?  So instead of making entertainment for the masses, Muslims included, you won't bend to your creative will because some Mullah might put a price on your head???   

  But wait, it gets worse!!  The director also said this:  "We have to all, in the western world, think about this. You can actually let Christian symbols fall apart, but if you would do this with [an] Arab symbol, you would have ... a fatwa, and that sounds a little bit like what the state of this world is. So it's just something which I kind of didn't [think] was [an] important element, anyway, in the film, so I kind of left it out."

  So basically in Mr. Emmerich's opinion it totally okay to jest at Christianity, and tear it down, and call it's believer's idiots, but don't do that with Islam, no.....we must do that, because then we will piss off a lot of  "peaceful muslims"!  That's what they say right, Islam is a religion of peace, but don't "destroy" their mecca in a movie, which is make-believe, because then they will be out for your blood!  Isn't this a double standard?

  Yes, there are people out there that claim to be Christians, and do horrendous things, but a Christian leader would never put a price on anyone's head for destroying Christian icons or monuments, whether in reality or make-believe.  Christianity is peaceful, it is about love, and redemption.  However when director's of a movie refuse to do what they want creatively because it  might put a price on their head, then that religion which has been called peaceful, really isn't so peaceful, now is it?!?

  I am tired of the double standard in the world where Christianity is concerned.  It irritates me, and although I know that Christ said we would be persecuted and mocked for His namesake, it still bothers me.  That's my  humanity, I guess.  Make fun of the Christians, burn their churches, jail their pastors and priests for their words - which come from the bible, all in the name of Hate Crimes! But leave the Budda-ists, Hare-Krishna's, Hindu's, Muslim's, Atheists, Agnostic's, basically every other religious belief alone - just go after those Christians! 
 
  Do NOT misunderstand me, no one should be jailed, mocked, hated or persecuted for their religious or non-religious beliefs, but don't talk to me about equal rights and treatment, when the whole world is hell bent on persecuting me for belief Christ Jesus!

2 comments:

Renea Lynch said...

AMEN!!!!!! :)

Melissa said...

yep...SO true...love the last paragraph.